Level 3 Certificate in Coaching
Vocationally Related Qualifications designed for people in their first management roles, such as team leaders and first-line managers. They are ideal for individuals seeking to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to mentor people as part of their normal working role.
Who are these qualifications for?
The Level 3 Award and Certificate in Mentoring are designed for people in their first management roles, such as team leaders and first-line managers. They are ideal for individuals seeking to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to mentor people as part of their normal working role.
Results for you
- Know what it takes to be an effective coach in your workplace
- Understand how coaching works – learn a coaching model and tools and techniques to support it
- Put your new skills into practice in your job – carry out supervised coaching sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching ability
Impact for your employer
- Implement coaching to improve performance in your organisation
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need to be effective
- Measurable impact from supervised coaching sessions carried out as part of this qualification
Focus on the skills you need
There are three mandatory units in this qualification, which you can take as either an Award or a Certificate. ‘Understanding good practice in workplace coaching’ covers the role of coaching, basic coaching processes and the abilities and qualities you need to be a good coach. ‘Reflecting on workplace coaching skills’ will give you the tools to analyse and improve your own performance as a coach. ‘Undertaking coaching in the workplace’ requires you to plan and carry out at least six hours of coaching, with supervision and support. At Certificate level, this unit is replaced by ‘Undertaking an extended period of coaching in the workplace’, which requires at least 36 hours of coaching for a deeper level of skill and experience.
What you gain with the supported distance learning package
- Study material – including handbook and module study guides
- Online resources
- Dedicated student support team
- Personal tutor support
- Tutor feedback on assessments
- Unlimited feedback